Thank you, Ka-chan and Joy of Yaoi, for nominating me for the Liebster Award! This award is designed to bring attention to little blogs (like this one) with few followers. The general concept is to answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you, provide 11 random tidbits of info about yourself, and ask 11 questions of the blogs you nominate.
I originally wasn’t going to complete this because I’m kind of a hermit, but I really wanted to thank the blogs that nominated me and try to interact a bit more. >_<
So, Nyankoto’s from Joy of Yaoi‘s questions:
1. Have you ever read yaoi manga or watched yaoi anime? If so, what did you think? If not, what’s stopping you?
Yes, thanks to your recommendations! Hahaha. Now you’ve created a monster and I’m a total fujoshi.
2. If you could adopt a fictional or fantasy animal, what would it be and why?
A Mokona? Maybe Pu from “YuYu Hakusho”? I guess I like round, squishy-looking things.
3. What’s your all time favorite anime? If you don’t watch anime, you can give a movie or tv show, I guess (or, even better, go out and watch some anime before coming back to answer this question 🙂 )
While I think “Cowboy Bebop” is the *best* anime ever, “Gintama” is actually my all-time favorite. No matter what the situation, there’s a Gintama episode for it.
4. If you could have your superpower of choice, what would you pick?
The knowledge/understanding of any/all languages.
5. What family member are you closest to, and why?
Probably my mom. We have to be close; we work together and live together so we spend way too much time in each other’s company.
6. Are you working towards a goal that’s important to you? What is it? If not, do you have one in mind that you have plans for in the future?
No, I gave that up.
7. What do you like about blogging?
It gives me an outlet when I’m mentally narrating aspects of stuff I read/watch. Like I’m not just talking to myself. Ha!
8. What do you dislike about blogging?
Occasionally feeling obligated to do it. Even though I don’t think anyone reads it, I still feel like I need to at least do my seasonal openers and summaries.
9. What is your favorite type of post to write (you can reference a specific post or two as examples, if ya like)?
The very rare, “This is what I love right now” post. It’s not just going through the new shows of the season, it’s stuff I genuinely love while it’s airing and miss when it’s not and I want to share it with people.
10. If you could pick one person in the world to read and enjoy your blog, who would it be?
… I really don’t know. I always operated under the assumption no one reads it, so I never thought of someone I wanted to read it. Yikes!
11. What’s the most important thing to you?
Now, Ka-chan‘s questions:
1. If you could meet any fictional character in real life, who would it be and why?
Can I say the Gorilla mangaka Sorachi-sensei? He does appear as a Gorilla in his own manga & anime…
2. What form of social media do you use the most?
Twitter probably, thought not as much as I used to.
3. What’s your favorite beverage?
Coke or green tea.
4. What is the most recent anime (or any show) that you watched?
Just finished the latest episode of “Gate” and now “Ushio & Tora” is on.
5. Do you have a favorite animated movie? What is it and why?
“The Last Unicorn.” I grew up with it and I have the entire movie memorized.
6. If you could have any anime character as a sibling, who would it be and why?
Gah…this is a hard one…my real brother is already kind of like an anime character. Maybe I’d take Naru from “Barakamon” as a little sister because she’s so freakin’ cute and hilarious.
7. What would you title the story of your life?
RIght now it’d be “Four More Hours.” It’s an inside joke in our family restaurant that we always have “four more hours” to go.
8. What is your dream job?
9. Favorite dumb pick-up line?
Haha I honestly don’t have one. I think all pick-up lines are hilarious but I can’t actually think of any right now.
10. What is something that never fails to make you feel better?
Gintama or the final disc of “Shura no Toki.”
11. What kind of weather do you like the best?
Right now I’ll say COLD. Because I’m tired of sweating my ass off!
Thanks for your questions…now for eleven random facts…hmm…. *thinking, thinking*
1. Tomokazu Sugita was the first seiyuu whose name I bothered to learn. He’s my first voice actor love. Ha!
2. Junichi Suwabe is my second. 🙂
3. My dog has more twitter followers than I do.
4. I was addicted to otome games until I discovered Fire Emblem: Awakening.
5. I’m addicted to Fire Emblem: Awakening.
6. I hate to exercise.
7. My best friend is a plush rabbit.
8. I bought the entire Kuroko no Basuke manga in Japanese…even though I can’t read Japanese.
9. “Kaze Hikaru” is my favorite shojo manga and I wish everyone would read it.
10. I can’t remember the last time I slept a full night without getting up at least twice.
11. I have a dakimakura with Hijikata on one side and Gintoki on the other.
Whew! That was harder than I thought!
Okay, I know this is breaking the rules but…I’m a rule-breaker. 😛 I think anyone I would nominate has already completed the sequence at least once…so instead I’m going to leave a list of a few blogs I’d reallllly like you to check out and who I’d nominate if they hadn’t already been nominated several times before: