So, it’s a rainy, dreary day outside…the perfect day for staying inside and watching movies, preferably with someone you’re attracted to. Or at least some tasty snacks!
Anyway, in no particular order, here is my weather-inspired list of favorite chick flicks:
1. “300” Because this…is…SPARTA! As a massage therapist, I see 300 awesomely-muscled Spartans badly in need of a massage. I’d have to say that Frank Miller is one of the biggest romantics of all time. Which brings me to…
2. “Sin City” To me, this is basically a collection of love stories. Using the term “love” loosely, which is how I believe it should always be used. Besides, who doesn’t want to be a warrior woman, a Valkyrie? “There’s no place in this world for our kind of fire. My warrior woman. My valkyrie. You’ll always be mine. Always. And never.”
3. “Beowulf” I have no idea how this made the list, but I dig it. I know they’re Geats but they’re Viking-like enough for me and I’m a fan of Vikings (no, not the football team). And the hero is so humanly flawed it’s oddly endearing.
4. “Braveheart” Love story with lots of blood and a moral of freedom. F-ing A!
5. “Gladiator” No matter how many times I watch this movie I still love it.
6. “Hellsing Ultimate” all four volumes. If we ever get more volumes, consider them already on the list. If Sir Integra’s “Don’t you dare question my resolve! I’ve already given you your marching orders, soldier! You will search and destroy, search and destroy! Any resistance you encounter is to be crushed! Hellsing does not run from our enemies-kill them all! I order you to leave nothing but bloody stains in your wake!” speech doesn’t make you want to just immediately want to make out with someone…well, then I don’t know what’s wrong with you.
7. “Tombstone” I hate the actual romantic part of the plot but this movie is so full of great lines and dudes with guns I don’t know how I’d ever live without it.
8. “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” I’m expecting to get flak for this, but…guns. Guns guns guns.
9. “Team America: World Police” Because isn’t that just the most romantic sex scene ever? Ha! Besides, humor is a turn on.
10. “Cowboy Bebop” No, not the movie. The complete series. I know that doesn’t really count as a “flick” but this is my list and I make the rules.